Creation of custom-designed databases and Software
Choosing a correct database for analyzing data is very crucial.
Our team at Shodhaka is specialized in data collection and development of databases and tools for life science researchers.
Our novel tissue specific database is the result of one such research (Bajpai et al. MGEx-Udb: A Mammalian Uterus Database for Expression-Based Cataloguing of Genes across Conditions, Including Endometriosis and Cervical Cancer
PLOS One, , 7(5), e36776). Development of a portal for majority of bioinformatics resources as a guide for biologists is the result of our original research
Illustrative list of tasks
- Basic and advanced literature searches based on purpose
- Designing data storage formats
- SOP creation for biocuration, and update
- Online systems for uploading and retrieving data
- System for regular updates of data
Example(s) of completed projects
- Developing databases and performing gene expression analysis using microarray and RNA sequencing data [multiple projects and collaborations; 3 of the collaborative work published].
- BMC Genomics, , 11: 467
- PLOS One, , 7(5), e36776
- PLOS One,  8(3), e58419
- BMC Genomics,  14: 922
In house research
- Development of a novel meta-analysis algorithm to make use of different types of gene expression data.
- Development of an online test system for screening candidates for course/job-suitability in the area of life sciences.
- Development of a portal for majority of bioinformatics resources as a guide for biologists (www.startbioinfo.com)
- Development of a software for compiling hits obtained by literature search across multiple important resources.
- Development of a new computational platform for protein-interaction analysis.
- Development of new RNA-protein interaction database through biocuration.
copyright © shodhaka life sciences private limited; all rights reserved