Data mining and Biocuration
Researchers at Shodhaka took up the painstaking task of curating biological data and have now successfully created a new RNA-protein interaction database through biocuration.
It is time-consuming and requires effort and specific skills.
We have extensive experience and knowledge in literature search and data collection, and have developed many resources, both in-house and in collaboration with the other national level institutes, through curation.
Illustrative list of tasks
- Basic and advanced literature searches based on purpose
- Selection of appropriate resource for primary data
- Designing data storage formats
- SOPs for biocuration and update
Example(s) of completed projects
- Developing databases and performing gene expression analysis using microarray and RNA sequencing data [multiple projects and collaborations; 3 of the collaborative work published].
- BMC Genomics, , 11: 467
- PLOS One, , 7(5), e36776
- PLOS One,  8(3), e58419
In house research
- Development of a novel meta-analysis algorithm to make use of different types of gene expression data
- Development of new RNA-protein interaction database through biocuration
copyright © shodhaka life sciences private limited; all rights reserved